Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

This Week I Will Be Mostly...

First day of school! First day of school! It technically started last week, but I was out of town, so I was able to participate in my online class, but not actually sit in a class class.  But tonight I had my Anatomy & Physiology (Organs and Structures) class, and I sure am glad that I spent a couple of hours studying last night, because tonight's class was mainly review for the test we have on WEDNESDAY! Ack! But I feel like I was able to keep up alright.
Everybody in any medical or para-medical field on campus is required to wear scrubs, and each area of study is separated into different scrubs colors, so tonight I had a very Joey-working-at-the-museum experience when I walked into the classroom and everyone in navy scrubs was all sitting on one side of the room. (Mine are tan, if you're wondering.) "The people in the white coats don't sit with the people in the blue blazers!" It turned out that the gray scrubs mostly sat in the middle, and the few tannies like me were on the opposite side of the classroom.  I was an ignorant rebel and sat in the middle.  I don't know what the different colors are for the field areas yet, but I'll keep you posted.  I know you are all on the edge of your collective seat with baited breath just waiting to find out.
But I digress, so without further ado...

...wearing those tan scrubs. Woot!
...watching the Dancing With the Stars results show, and then nothing else until the weekend - gotta hit the books!
...listening to my America/Bread station on Pandora. I don't know how lame this makes me, but nothing makes me smile like "Sister Golden Hair Surprise," "Horse With No Name," and the like. This won't be the first time I admit that I was clearly born in the wrong decade.
...eating quickly.
...shopping for nothing. I bought a toothbrush holder at Target today and I feel guilty. I'm supposed to be saving money! It's a hard habit to acquire.
...praying about my ability to juggle work, school, family, and friends again.  The Lord has given me much strength so far.  I also need prayers to be a more gracious listener.  If your eyeballs loosened every time you rolled them, I would have lost mine long ago.  That's a bad habit I really want to break.  Internal eye-rolling counts, too.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

"Donald Trump wants his blue blazer black."

A.J. said...

"Back! He wants his blue blazer back"