Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Trust

[image source]
In my lunchtime blog trollings, I have stumbled across some pretty great sites.  A friend directed me to the Green Monster movement after I posted a picture of our new pet family member, Vera  Vitamix , holding her first kale smoothie, which led me to Oh She Glows, (quite inspirational, especially for a new-ish vegetarian like myself), which finally led me to Operation Beautiful (and also Clean Eats in the Dirty South, but that comes later).   And somewhere along the way I found this lovely quote, which has been on my mind since I found it. I'm not sure what my own answer is to the question - what would I do if I knew that I could not fail? My first thought went to crazy career choices - I could become a singer! I could do voices on cartoons! Okay, so those are kindof easy ones to answer.   The one that gets a bit too personal are the health/fitness possibilities: if I knew, without a doubt, that every pound I tried to lose would come off, that all my efforts at healthy eating would have real, measurable results in the end, how much harder would I try? That certainly puts things into perspective for me.  Because if I just let go of my anxieties about the outcome and just went for it, I could accomplish what I'm after. It is possible.  As per usual, this comes down to a faith issue.  If I would truly cast all my cares upon the Lord and put ALL of my faith in His guidance of my life, my issues would cease to be my issues.  Well, life is short, but that's what I'm striving for! That never-ending quest to be more like Jesus - to empty myself of me, and fill myself with Him.  "Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord. He is like a tree planted by the water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and it is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit." Jeremiah 17:7-8
Hey! I can relate to that! Be like a river tree! Maybe it's time to pull out the kayak and go for an object-lesson ride down the Flint...

No comments: