Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving...Go!

Typically, I wake up on Thanksgiving Day in a Very Bad Mood. Thus was not always such, mind you; as a child I loved Thanksgiving. But our family has had a very rough transition in transferring the actual activity from one generation to the next. My mother now hosts dinner at her house, and my grandparents aren't able to travel anymore. The first few years that my mother hosted, my grandparents and degenerate uncle (we all have one of those, right?) were invited, and a purely stressful time was had by all.
All that has changed. I'm no longer pressed by the stresses of timing and travel; I'll get to spend all day with my sister and her family, along with my darling husband and my parents. It's going to be a Great Day. And what better way to start it by putting the parade on mute in the family room and singing "Bust Your Windows" at the top of your voice while cooking in the kitchen?


Richard picks up the knife and becomes Carrot Man! Every one I know cringes when they watch me do anything with a knife. Sorry if I am a let down to the left-handed community, there. I make up for it with nice handwriting, right?


The eggs in their "angel" phase. (They are about to be Deviled - heh, heh.)


Smoky retreats to the bed. Mmmm....coziness.

No comments: